Lotta Lemon Muffins
Doubly delicious; lemon muffins topped with a tangy lemon glaze.
- 1-3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 T. grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 8-oz. container lemon yogurt
- 6 T. (3/4 stick) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 1/2 in. muffin cups with paper baking cups. Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl; make well in center. Whisk yogurt, butter, egg and lemon juice in another bowl. Add to well; stir into dry ingredients until just blended (batter will be lumpy). Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake until muffins are golden brown and tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 min. Cool muffins for 5 minutes in pan.
Meanwhile, prepare glaze: Cook all ingredients in small nonaluminum saucepan over low heat, swirling pan frequently, until sugar dissolves.
Remove muffins from pan. Trnasfer to rack set over baking sheet. Pierce 6 to 8 holes in each, using wooden skewer. Drizzle hot glaze over, coating tops well. Serve at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)