- 2 c. diced onion
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. fresh sage, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. fresh pineapple, diced (about 1 1/4 c.)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. flour
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 12 slices sandwich bread(Pepperidge Farm Original White Bread)crusts removed, cubed
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 2 quart (9X13) baking dish with non stick spray; set aside
Saute' onion in oil in a skillet over medium heat until brown, 5-7 minutes. Add 1 T. sage, cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove mixture from heat and season with salt and pepper. set aside to cool.
Combine pineapple, sugar, flour, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir onion mixture into pineapple mixture; transfer to prepared baking dish.
Toss together bread and butter until butter is absorbed. Sprinkle topping over mixture in baking dish. Bake casserole until brown, about 30 minutes. Let casserole rest 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Pineapple Mango Rum Cocktail 4.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Lettuce... 4.6/5 (101 Votes)