Blackberry Swirl Pie
Fresh or frozen blackberries are mixed with a sour cream filling and then baked to make this blackberry swirl pie. Perfect way to enjoy fresh blackberries in the summer!
- 1 recipe single crust pie pastry, or 1 rolled refrigerated unbaked piecrust (1/2 of a 15-ounce package)
- 1 (8-ounce) carton dairy sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh blackberries or 1 (16-ounce) package frozen blackberries
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat oven to 450°F.
If you are using frozen berries, them stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare pastry and line 9-inch pie plate. Line pastry with double thickness of foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 4 minutes more or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Reduce oven to 350°F.
In bowl combine sour cream, sugar, flour, and salt. Add blackberries and gently stir to combine. Spoon into prebaked crust.
To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake for 25 minutes (50 minutes for frozen berries). Remove foil. Bake 20 minutes more or until filling is bubbly and appears set. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve or cover and refrigerate. Makes 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Memphis-Style Hickory-Smoked Beef... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Banana Brunch Punch 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- SEARED SCALLOPS IN MUSHROOM BROTH 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Blueberry Tea Bread 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Cranberry and Almond Slaw 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Blackberry Bourbon Boston Butt 4.7/5 (15 Votes)