Chocolate Cherry Cordial Cookies
For a cookie that tastes like a cocktail, try this delicious combination of cocoa powder, cherries and rum extract drizzled with a rummy, sweet cherry glaze.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon imitation rum extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 30 drained and blotted dry maraschino cherries (reserve the cherry juice)
- Reserved Maraschino cherry juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon imitation rum extract
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from cherryman.com
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg, and rum extract until light and fluffy.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add to creamed butter mixture. Combine well.
Using a 1 tablespoon scoop, roll cookie dough into 30 balls.
Flatten each cookie dough ball and place a cherry in the middle. Mold cookie dough around the cherry, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
Bake about 8 minutes, until done.
Cool on a wire rack.
Whisk together powdered sugar, 4 teaspoons reserved maraschino cherry juice and 1/2 teaspoon rum extract. Add more maraschino cherry juice if needed until glaze is a good drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Grandma's German Apple Cake 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Raspberry cheesecake pudding shots 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Two-Ingredient Lemon Bars 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Piña Colada Pie on the Grill 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Strawberry Milkshake Cookies 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Cherry Smash 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Cherry Trifle Dessert 4.5/5 (24 Votes)