Asian Quinoa Salad
- For the dressing:
- 1cup1 cup quinoa
- 2cups2 cups water
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1cup1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1cup1 cup shelled and cooked edamame
- 11 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2cup1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1cup1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4cup1/4 cup lite soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4cup1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/8teaspoon1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com
1. Add water, quinoa, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
2. Place the quinoa in a large bowl and add the cabbage, edamame, red pepper, carrots, and cucumber. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine.
Note-Make sure you use tamari for a gluten-free salad, not all soy sauce is gluten-free. This salad is good served at room temperature or chilled.