Italian Sausage Bean Soup
Try this delicious Italian Sausage Bean Soup recipe.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup medium pearl barley
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 6 cups chopped fresh kale
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 115mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes, barley, carrot, celery, sage and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
Stir in kale; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
1-1/2 cups equals 339 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 1,100 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 19 g protein.
9 smart points for Weight Watchers
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Grandma's German Apple Cake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Turkey & Broccoli Crustless Quiche 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Cheesy Tex-Mex Beef Pockets 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Pesto Orecchiette with Chicken... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onions 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Homemade Sweet Italian Sausage... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)