Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 1/2 lbs Chicken Breast, with bone and skin
- 1 × 14.5 oz can Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 12 cups Water
- 3 Large Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 Medium Ribs Celery, sliced diagonally
- 2 Medium Carrots, peeled and shaved
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced
- Juice of One Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, coarse ground
- 1/2 lb Wide Egg Noodles
- 1/2 cup Whole White Mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 cup Green Peas, frozen
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest, freshly grated
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme
n a large stock pot, over medium high heat, place chicken, chicken broth, water and garlic. Bring to a boil. Skim off foamy substance, cover and reduce heat to simmer.
Simmer for one hour and remove chicken from broth and allow to cool, lowering heat to warm.
Debone chicken and return to broth along with carrots, celery and onion. Increase heat and bring back to a boil.
Add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Over medium heat, add noodles and boil for 10 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and peas, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Stir in lemon zest and thyme and serve hot.
You'll also love
- Buttery Lemon Snow Bars 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Salad Club Sandwich 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Gravy & Drop Biscuits 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Brown Rice with Sauteed Spinach,... 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- White Beans with Spinach & Sausage 3.7/5 (164 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken Rice Soup 4.4/5 (16 Votes)