Angel Hair Pasta with White Wine Cream Sauce, Shrimp, Bacon and Blue Cheese
- 4 strips of bacon, cut into lardoons
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- blue cheese crumbles, to taste
- 4-6 large basil leaves, chopped
In a heavy saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Pour out all but about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat from the pan. Add shallots to bacon fat, cooking over medium heat until softened and browning slightly, then add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Place shrimp in pan in a single layer and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, depending on size of shrimp. When almost cooked through, remove from pan and reserve.
To the shallots, add wine, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Reduce for 5 minutes. Pour in cream and return to a simmer. Reduce 8 more minutes. Whisk cubes of butter into sauce, a few at a time, incorporating it before adding more. Repeat until all butter is incorporated into sauce. Allow sauce to simmer to desired thickness. When ready to serve, add shrimp back into sauce and heat through to finish cooking.
Meanwhile, boil pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
Spoon sauce over pasta and shrimp. Top with bacon, blue cheese and basil.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)