- 2 1/2 c. cake flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 can pumpkin puree' (15 oz.)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 c. hot water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat insides of two 8X2 inch round cake pans with nonstick spray. Line bottoms with parchment paper; coat paper with nonstick spray.
Sift together flour, cinnamon, soda, powder, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
Beat together pumpkin, granulated and brown sugars, oil, and vanilla in a bowl with hand mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in one egg at a time until incorporated. Alternately add flour mixture and 1/2 c. hot water to the sugar mixture, starting and ending with the flour mixture, beating after each addition until incorporated. Divide batter between prepared pans; smooth tops with a spatula. Bake cakes until toothpick inserted comes clean, 28-30 minutes. Let cakes rest in the pans on a rack for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (312 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)