Ultimate Mashed Potatoes
Potatoes cooked in chicken broth are mashed with just the right amount of butter, cream, chives and bacon to make an irresistible side dish.
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson Chicken Broth
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled (reserve some for garnish)
- Generous dash ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from campbellskitchen.com
Heat broth and potatoes in a 3-qt saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes well in a colander, reserving the broth.
Mash potatoes with 1/4 cup reserved broth, light cream, sour cream, chives, butter, bacon and black pepper. Add additional reserved broth, if needed, until desired consistency. Garnish with remaining bacon.