Coconut Cheesecake Pie
A real win-win! Great tasting and easy to make Coconut Cheesecake Pie.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk, do not stir
- 1 (8-ounce package) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from rachaelraymag.com
In a food processor, pulse 1/2 cup of the coconut until finely ground. Add the graham cracker crumbs, butter and 1/4 tsp. salt; pulse until combined. Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes; let cool on a rack.
Meanwhile, remove 1/3 cup of the thick cream from the top of the coconut milk and reserve for the topping. Stir the remaining coconut milk until blended.
In a food processor, blend the cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, vanilla and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt until smooth. Add 1/2 cup coconut milk and the eggs and egg yolk; pulse until blended. Pour into the crust; bake until the center is just set, about 35 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, reserved coconut cream and the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Pour the mixture over the pie; gently spread the topping over the filling. Let the pie cool completely, then refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Sprinkle with the remaining coconut before serving.
You'll also love
- Pear Pie with Red Wine & Rosemary 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Wild Rice Venison Stew 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- APPLE PEAR PIE 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Coconut Apple Walnut Pancakes 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy Farfalle with Salmon and... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Ginger- Sweet Potato Cheesecake 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Pumpkin Crack Cake 4.2/5 (44 Votes)
- Coconut Cake Frosting(marshmallow... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)