Sausage dressing may be made ahead of time and then put in oven to heat and serve. This recipe comes together quickly, and you don't need to use your oven.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion chopped fined
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) package stuffing bread cubes (sage & onion or other)
- 1 pound pork country sausage
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a 12-inch frying pan over medium high heat, brown the pork sausage. As it brown break sausage into small pieces.
As the sausage cooks, chopped 1 cup onion and celery each.
In a 6 quart pot melt butter, over medium-high heat then add onion and celery and cook 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and add chicken broth, cooked sausage and the package of stuffing bread cubes. Mix well.
The above may be made ahead of time.
Put in baking dish, and put in oven 350F for 20-30 minutes.
You'll also love
- SPICY GREEN BEANS 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Fish Steamed with Ginger 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Decked-Out Dates & Pecan-stuffed... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Tomato Canapés 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread with... 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Prime Rib & Yorkies 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sausage and Mushroom Stuffed... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sausage and Broccoli with Pasta 4.7/5 (6 Votes)