The secret to a good mojito is lots of fresh mint, muddled with fresh lime juice, and a good quality clear, light rum.
- 20 rinsed fresh mint leaves (each about 1 1/2-inch long)
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons light rum
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 to 6 tablespoons chilled soda water
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
In an 8- to 10-ounce glass, combine 20 rinsed fresh mint leaves (each about 1 1/2-inches long) and 2 teaspoons superfine sugar. With a wooden spoon, pound mint leaves with sugar to coarsely crush. Add 4 to 5 tablespoons light rum, 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice; mix well.
Fill glass with ice cubes and 4 to 6 tablespoons chilled soda water. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.