Pork Tenderloin French Dips
- 14-16 oz pork tenderloin
- EVOO for drizzling
- Montreal steak seasoning
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1 small orange, zested and sliced
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 large shallots coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- drizzle of honey
- few peppercorns
- few sprigs thyme, finely chopped
- 2 small sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- small handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 baguette loaf, cut crosswise into 4 pieces or 4 hoagie rolls split
Heat the oven on the highest setting to get it hot fast. Coat the pork in EVOO and season liberally with montreal steak seasoning. Throw the pork into a baking dish and pop it into the oven. Roast at 425 for 25 min.
In a saucepan, bring the stock, orange slices, carrot, shallots, garlic, bay leaves, honey and peppercorns to boil. Then simmer for 20 min and strain.
Combine the orange zest, thyme, rosemary and parsley.
Thinly slice the pork on a slight angle. Dip the slices in the stock and pile them onto the bottom of a bread slice. Spoon the orange rosemary stuff on top and serve with the remaining stock for dipping.