Pasta Salad with Asparagus
A simple shortcut gives this pasta its delectable creaminess: a package of garlic-and-herb-flavored spreadable cheese. It melts into the pasta, generously coating each piece. You can substitute any seasonal vegetables for the asparagus.
- 8 oz. farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- 2 cups diagonally sliced thin asparagus (1 inch)
- 1 (5.2- to 6.5-oz.) pkg. garlic and herb spreadable cheese, such as Boursin
- 3/4 cup Italian ham or salami
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine or lower-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during last minute of cooking; drain. Return pasta and asparagus to pot.
2. Stir in spreadable cheese until melted and smooth. Stir in all remaining ingredients