Caramel Apple Pie Cookies
The lattice tops and golden apple filling of these beautiful cookies are like personal apple pies. They are great anytime, but perfect for Fall coffee breaks and game-day gatherings.
- Rolled, ready made pie crusts
- Caramel topping
- Apple pie filling
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from theshadyporch.blogspot.com
Remove pie crusts from packaging and allow to rest at room temp for 5 to 10 minutes. Flour work surface and open one of the crusts.
Spread a thin layer of caramel topping evenly over crust.
Take the can of pie filling and run a knife through it to mince it to much smaller pieces, then spread about 1/2 to 3/4 of the can over the caramel layer. [I used about 3/4 of the can on my cookies]
Dust apple layer with cinnamon-sugar.
Now open another crust and use a pizza cutter to cut into thin strips to make the lattice tops.
Using the pie crust strips, create a lattice top over the apple filling.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
Use a round cookie cutter [I used a drinking glass] to cut out your cookies and place them on prepared cookie sheet.
If desired, at this time, each cookie can be brushed with an egg wash or cream and sprinkled with coarse sugar.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until light golden brown.
For other variations, sprinkle apple layer with 2 tablespoons of toffee bits. Use pie filling in your choice of flavors...imagine Cherry, Blueberry or Peach pie Cookies!
You'll also love
- Grammie's potato salad 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Citrus Gin Spritzer 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Turkey Cheddar Hawaiian Rolls 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Stuffing Muffins 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- POWER muffins:... 4.2/5 (63 Votes)
- Lemony Greek Yogurt Cheesecake 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Homemade Applesauce - Ree Drummond 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Chocolate Chess Pie with Graham... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)