Try this delicious Steak Soup recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean boneless beef round steak, cut into cubes (could use top sirloin)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, diced Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (You can half this amount)
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained (can use frozen)
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Melt butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat until the foam disappears from the butter, and stir in the steak cubes and onion. Cook and stir until the meat and onion are browned, about 10 minutes. While beef is cooking, mix together flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the browned meat, and stir to coat.
In a large soup pot, pour in the beef broth and water, and stir in the parsley, celery leaves, bay leaf, and marjoram. Stir in beef mixture, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender, about 45 minutes.
Mix in the potatoes, carrots, celery, tomato paste, and corn; bring the soup back to a simmer, and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the soup is thick, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf and serve hot.