Tex-Mex Chicken Salad
- 2 1/2 cup(s) shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can(s) (15 1/2-ounce) pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 head(s) romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup(s) (from 1 ear) fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup(s) fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) lowfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) honey
- Kosher salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Adapted from womansday.com
In a large bowl, gently toss together the chicken, beans, lettuce, corn, cilantro, avocado, and onion.
In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, sour cream, oil, honey, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss to combine. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
Switch It Up: Take this hearty salad to go: Roll it up in a large flour tortilla or sandwich wrap.
Read more: Tex Mex Chicken Salad Recipe - Woman's Day