CHEESY ZUCCHINI RICE CASSEROLE
"GOOD FOR POTLUCK"
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large tomato, sliced
Cook rice according to package directions. In a saucepan, cook zucchini in 1 inch of water until crisp-tender; drain and set aside. Place rice in a greased shallow 3-qt baking dish. Layer with chilies and 1-1/2 cups cheese.
In a bowl, combine the sour cream, green pepper, onion, parsley, salt and oregano. spread over cheese. Layer with zucchini and tomato. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover, bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Note: you can use 9x13 pan
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (397 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Veggie Club Sandwich and Zucchini... 4.5/5 (151 Votes)