- Saltine crackers
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a 15 1/2 x 10" jelly roll pan with nonstick foil.
2. Line the prepared pan with saltine crackers, breaking as necessary to cover the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with salt.
3. In a small saucepan, bring the butter or margargine and sugar to a boil. Pour mixture evenly over crackers. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until cracker is lightly browned.
4. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Working quickly, spread melting chips over crackers. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
5. Freeze for 3 hours. Break up into 2" pieces to serve.