Preheat oven to 375F / 190C Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour mix (with xanthan or guar gum in the mix) See note!
- 10 tablespoons melted, cool unsalted butter OR your favorite dairy-free butter substitute
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar to dip glass in to press cookies
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, silicone pads or lightly grease
Combine eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat on high until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla, lemon peel and salt and beat to combine. Gradually add gluten-free flour amd beat just until combined. Slowly drizzle melted butter into the mixture and beat until combined.
Drop dough by heaping rounded teaspoons on prepared baking sheets, leaving about 11/2-inch space between cookies. Dip a small drinking glass in the extra sugar and gently press down on each cookie.
Bake in preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown and crispie. Cool.
Makes about 36 wafers
If your gluten-free flour mix DOES NOT contain xanthan gum or guar gum add 1/4 teaspoon of your favorite gum to this recipe.