- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini (about 3 medium), grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Place zucchini in colander set in the sink and toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let stand 10 minutes, then wring zucchini dry in clean kitchen towel. Place zucchini in a large bowl and gently mix in egg, flour, chives, and cornstarch; season with salt and pepper
Heat pin in large skillet over medium heat. Working in 2 batches, drop 1/4-cupfuls zucchini mixture into skillet, flattening slightly, cook until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fritters to a paper towel-lined plate, season with slat. Serve with soy dipping sauce.
DO AHEAD: Fritters can be made 30 minutes ahead. Keep warm in 200 degree F oven.