Creamy Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup
Make things easy with this Creamy Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup recipe.
- 1-1 1/2 - 2 ounce envelope white sauce mix
- 4 cups water
- 1-14 ounce can vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1- 7 or 8 ounce package dried cheese tortellini (about 2 cups)
- 1-12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves or torn spinach
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
Adapted from bhg.com
Place dry white sauce mix in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Gradually add the water to the white sauce mix, stirring until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
Stir in dried tortellini. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 1 hour more or high-heat setting for 45 minutes more.
Stir in evaporated milk and fresh spinach. If desired, sprinkle individual servings with black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Panera Bread French Onion Soup 3.9/5 (147 Votes)
- Oven Baked Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Pasta E Fagioli 4.5/5 (69 Votes)
- Lemon-Basil Ricotta Stuffed Shells... 4.4/5 (80 Votes)
- Bacon & Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese 4.6/5 (66 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Macaroni &... 4/5 (152 Votes)
- Italian Wedding Soup with Three... 4.5/5 (48 Votes)