Carrot and Potato Casserole
Combo dish for vegetable and starch. May seem a little heavy with the cheese. Using the amounts listed, this comes out with several layers. Possibly use carrot chips instead of sliced mini carrots for a different version.
Found this recipe years ago, not sure where it originally came from. Maybe Sunset or Bon Appetit?
Anyone who recognizes this, please let me know, thanks.
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced
- 10 mini carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chicken broth
- pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350
Place 1/2 potatoes and carrots in an 8 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle 1/3 of cheese and nutmeg; add pepper to taste. Alternate for two more layers in same fashion.
Bring broth a boil. Pour over vegetables. Bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown. If vegetable begin to dry out, add more broth.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Veggie Club Sandwich and Zucchini... 4.5/5 (151 Votes)
- Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies 4.5/5 (98 Votes)
- Classic Carrot Cake 4.6/5 (73 Votes)