Herb Roasted Turkey
Herb Roasted Turkey is the perfect recipe for any Thanksgiving feast! Don't forget your favorite sides like cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes!
- 8 cup apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups kosher salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 turkey
- BUTTER RUB:
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 230mins
In a large bucket, combine cider, 2 gallons of water, salt and sugar- stirring well. Carefully place turkey in the bucket with brine mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
In a bowl, combine butter, parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. Remove turkey from brine and pat dry. Place turkey breast side up on a roasting rack/pan.
Loosely tie legs together. Salt and pepper the entire turkey. Spread butter all over the top of the turkey and under the skin until all of the butter is gone.
Pour the broth in the roasting pan.
Roast turkey at 325°F, basting every 30 minutes until a meat thermometer reads 165 on the thigh (about 3 hours). Cover with foil if browning occurs too quickly.
Let turkey rest for 30 minutes before carving.
You'll also love
- Green Beans with Caramelized... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella Salad... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Turkey Wrap with Cucumber Cream... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Chili Cheese Beef n’ Mac 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Mini Tuna Appetizer Cakes 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Turkey and Wild Rice Soup 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Mango Margarita 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Scallion Gruyere Popovers 4.4/5 (43 Votes)