- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 9" deep-dish pie shell, unbaked
- 1 cup pecan halves
Preheat oven to 325
To make the filling, beat the sugars with the eggs in an electric mixer until creamy, about 5 minutes. Add the melted butter, vanilla, milk, flour, and chopped pecans. Pour the mixture into the pie shell. Arrange the pecan halves on top of the pie in a circular pattern.
Bake the pie for 55 minutes. Check for doneness by shaking the pan slightly. The pie should be firm, with only a slight jiggle in the center. It will set more as it cools.