Rigatoni with Sausage, Asparagus & Cheese
Try this delicious Rigatoni with Sausage, Asparagus & Cheese recipe.
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1 pound Johnsonville Italian Sausage
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Serrano pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon creole seasonings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- extra virigin olive oil
Adapted from pinterest.com
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add asparagus to water and boil 3 minutes, then shock asparagus in ice cold water to cool. Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. Drain, rinse, drain pasta again, coat in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set aside. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water to thin sauce.
Chop asparagus into bite size pieces and set aside.
In a skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat, add sausage, casing removed and break up with the back of a spoon. Season sausage with spices, cook for about 10 minutes, add onion, Serrano pepper, and parsley, cook 5 minutes more.
Pour in chicken broth, pasta cooking water, cook 5 more minutes. Toss in pasta, half the cheese and asparagus, mix well, cook a few more minutes. Serve with remaining cheese to garnish.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)