Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Goat Cheese
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all- purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Essence recipe
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup clarified butter or vegetable oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
With a chicken breast flat on a cutting board, using a sharp knife, about 1/3 of the way down the thick side, cut a deep pocket horizontally into the center of the meat about 3/4 of the way down, being careful not to cut through to the other side. Repeat with remaining breasts.
In a small bowl, mash together the goat cheese, butter, chives, parsley, thyme, lemon juice and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide into 4 equal pieces and form plugs to fit inside the chicken breasts. Insert 1 into each breast and press the edges of chicken meat to seal. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
In a large shallow bowl, combine the flour and the Essence. In another bowl, beat the egg with the water.
One at a time, lightly dust the chicken on both sides with the flour, then dip in the egg, shaking to remove any excess. Place again in the flour and turn to completely coat, shaking to remove any excess.
In a large, oven-proof skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Place the pan in the oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.