Homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks
These breadsticks are so good, and pretty easy to make! They would make a great side dish to your meal!
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 4 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water and allow to sit for 10 minutes, covered. Mixture should be frothy.
In separate bowl, combine flour and salt. Add to yeast mixture. Add melted butter. Mix with paddle attachment of stand mixer or wooden spoon until fully combined.
Grease a cookie sheet. Pull off pieces of dough and roll out into strips. Cover the dough and let sit in a warm place for 45 minutes to an hour.
Preheat your oven to 400°F and once heated, pop in the bread sticks.
In microwave, combine the following: 1 stick unsalted butter (or 1/2 cup margarine), 2 teaspoons garlic powder and 1 teaspoons salt.
After bread sticks have cooked for 6 or 7 minutes, brush the bread sticks with half the butter mixture. Then continue to bake. Bake for 5 to 8 more minutes.
You'll also love
- Southern Peach Cobbler 4.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup 4.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Lemonade Cake Recipe 4.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Beef & Bean Taco Casserole 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Potato Cheddar Bites 4.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Blueberry Biscuits 4.3/5 (212 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (139 Votes)
- Dressing CopyCat Recipe: Olive... 4.5/5 (134 Votes)