Smoky, Lemony Sautéed Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- 1pound1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1clove1 clove garlic, minced
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- ZestZest of 1/2 lemon
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons lemon juice (or more, to taste)
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from thekitchn.com
Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts. Peel off and discard any blemished outer leaves. Cut each Brussels sprout in half from top to bottom. Lay it flat and slice into fine shreds. (Can also shred Brussels sprouts using a mandoline or food processor fitted with a slicing blade.) Using your hands, fluff up the sprouts and separate the shreds.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over moderate heat. Add the garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the Brussels sprouts and lemon zest and sauté until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Best served immediately, but may also be served at room temperature.
Make-ahead tip: Brussels sprouts may be shredded up to a day ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.