Vegetarian Mediterranean Couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen bell pepper and onion stir-fry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 1/2 cups Old EI Paso" Salsa
- 1 (15-oz.) can Green Giant" or Old EI Paso"
- Garbanzo Beans or Progresso" Chick
- Peas, drained, rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can ready-to-serve
- vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. (1 1/2 cups) uncooked couscous
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1.Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-
high heat until hot. Add bell pepper and
onion stir-fry and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes
or until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Add carrots and salsa; mix well. Cook
5 to 8 minutes or until carrots are tender,
3. Add beans, broth, water, raisins, salt,
cumin and cinnamon; mix well. Bring to
a boil. Remove from heat; stir in couscous.
Cover; let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff with
fork before serving.
5 (1 3/4-Cup) servings