- 1 1/2 cups Smuckers creamy natural peanut butter. Stirred or Jiffs creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- One 12 oz package (2 cups) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Crisco all vegetable shortening
Combine peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt in large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low until blended. Add 2 cups powdered sugar, beating until blended. Beat in additional powdered sugar until mixture, when shaped into a ball, will stay on a toothpick. Sheet into 1 inch balls, refrigerate.
Place chocolate chips and shortening in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until mixtures is smooth. Reheat as needed while coating peanut butter balls.
Insert toothpick in peanut butter ball. Dip three quarters of a ball into chocolate, leaving top uncovered to resemble a Buckeye. Remove excess. Place on wax paper lined tray. Remove toothpick. Smooth over holes. Refrigerate until firm.