Tailgate Fiesta Fondue
A mixture of cheeses melted with salsa makes a terrific tailgate fondue. Make it at home in a pie plate in your oven, and dig in with some tortilla chips!
- 1/2 pound Wisconsin American cheese slices
- 1/2 pound Wisconsin Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Fire up your grill! In a metal 9 inch pie plate, or other flame-proof dish, layer Wisconsin American cheese slices, overlapping the edges. Place Wisconsin Pepper Jack cheese on top of the slices, making a nest in the center for the salsa. Spoon salsa in the center of the cheese, covering about two-thirds of the surface. Place pan on the grill about six inches above the coals. Cover grill and allow cheese to melt, about 8-10 minutes. Remove pan and let cool. Garnish with lime wedges. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Alternative: Pan can be heated in a 375°F oven for 10-15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Lucky Lemon Cinnamon Rolls 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pina Colada Fruit Dip Recipe 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bella Milano Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sage, Sausage & Apple Dressing 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crispy Shrimp Poppers 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Football Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp & Crab Nachos 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Caramelized Onion Bruschetta 5/5 (1 Votes)