Ohana Green Beans
Green beans with onion, garlic and bacon from the Ohana restaurant in Polynesian Resort at Disney World.
- 2 lb. fresh green beans
- 1 medium red onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (whole)
- 3 TBS canola or vegetable oil
- 2 TBS low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBS granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- To Taste - fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb. bacon, crispy, crumbled
Adapted from magicalrecipes.net
Wash green beans in cold water. Snip both ends and break in half.
Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add beans and blanch for 1 minute. Strain.
Heat a wok or fry pan over medium high heat.
Add oil, then add garlic and sliced onions and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Add green beans and stir-fry for 2-4 minutes depending on how well done you prefer your beans cooked.
Add soy, seasonings and continue to stir-fry for 1 more minute.
Adjust seasonings if desired.
Garnish with crispy crumbled bacon pieces.