Limoncello Bundt Cake
Lucious & moist lemony cake.
- 18 ounce white, yellow or lemon cake mix
- 4 serving-sized instant lemon or vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup limoncello (lemon-flavored liqueur), divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted sliced almonds
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 85mins
Preheat oven 325*
Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
Combine cake and pudding mixes with eggs, 1/2 cup water, oil and 1/2 cup limoncello. Mix with electric mixer for at least 2 minutes.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour. Cool in pan for 20 minutes. Finish cooling on wire rack.
Once cake is completely cool, move to serving plate.
Using meat fork, poke holes all over cake.
In a small sauce pan, melt butter with remaining water and sugar.
Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in remaining limoncello.
Carefully pour glaze over cake. If necessary, use a pastry brush to brush on any overflow of glaze.
Immediately sprinkle almonds in top of cake.
Store in an airtight container.