Mushroom - Upside Down Tartlet
- 6 (3) 345 calories for all 3
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed and cut into six 3-inch rounds (3 Rounds)
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for muffin pan (1 1/2 tsp)
- 1 large shallot, diced small (1 sm)
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced (1/2 lb)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving (1 tsp)
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese (2 ounces) (1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place puff pastry rounds in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate while mushrooms cook. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until soft and browned, 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in thyme and remove skillet from heat.
2. Lightly oil 6 jumbo muffin cups. Divide mushroom mixture and cheese among cups, then top each with a chilled pastry round. Bake until pastry is golden brown and puffed, about 25 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.
3. Run a small knife around cups to loosen tartlets. Place a rimmed baking sheet or large plate over pan and invert to release tartlets. Sprinkle with more thyme. Serve warm.