Chicken Fajita Dinner (foil-pack)
- 1 1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning mix
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup thick n' chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup Mexican style shredded taco cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Fold up all sides of each of four 18" x 12" sheets of heavy-duty foil to form a 1" rim; spray foil with cooking spray. Combine rice, water and taco seasoning; spoon onto centers of foil. Top with remaining ingredients.
Bring up foil sides. Double-fold top and ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place in a 15" x 10" x 1" baking pan.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees). Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packets.
If you like, you can top each one with sour cream.