Microwave Kettle Corn in a Brown Paper Bag
- 1/2 tsp oil (I used olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (I used real vanilla extract, not artificial)
- 1/4 tsp salt (*finely ground salt, or popcorn salt, such as Morton Popcorn Salt)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp icing sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- Stir in 1/4 cup popcorn kernels (any kind will do)
Stir in 1/4 cup popcorn kernels (any kind will do)
Stir with a spoon until everything is well-mixed. Pour into a brown paper bag. Fold the bag over 2 to 3 times, and place upright in the microwave.
Microwave until popping slows down a couple pops per second.
Everyone’s microwave is different, and will require a different amount of time. I have a 1200W microwave, and I cooked it for 1 minute and 25 seconds.
Monitor it closely, until you figure out the timing with your microwave.
Pour the popcorn into a bowl when it is still warm.
* Finely ground salt can be achieved two ways: 1. grind your own salt fine (which is what I did), or 2. purchase finely ground popcorn salt, such as Morton Popcorn Salt. You can try this with regular salt, but the salty coating isn’t as even.