From LA Times and adapted from Michael Mina's American Fish in Las Vegas
- 2 egg yolks
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 salted anchovy fillets, rinsed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
1. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks together with the lemon. Slowly whisk in the oils, 1 teaspoon at a time, constantly whisking until the oil is emulsified to make a mayonnaise. This makes about 2 cups mayonnaise.
2. Using a mortar and pestle, or chopping and crushing with the side of a knife, combine the capers, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and anchovy fillets to form a paste.
3. Stir the purée into the mayonnaise until thoroughly combined, then stir in the Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. This makes about 2 cups dressing, more than is needed for the remainder of the recipe; the remaining dressing will keep for 2 to 3 days, covered and refrigerated.