Chocolate Coconut Cookies
Taste like German chocolate cake rolled into a cookie.
- 1 (16.5-ounce) roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 4 ounces sweet baking chocolate, melted, cooled 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut pecan ready-to-spread frosting
- 2 ounces sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Heat oven to 350°F.
In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Using hands, stir or knead in 4-ounce chocolate and the flour until well blended. Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate one half until ready to use.
Shape remaining half into 18 balls. Place coconut in shallow dish; dip half of each ball in coconut to coat. On un-greased large cookie sheet, place balls coconut sides up 1-inch apart. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are set and centers are almost set. Immediately make indentation in center of each cookie with end of wooden spoon. Fill each indentation with 1/2 teaspoon frosting. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool until set, about 30 minutes.
In small microwavable bowl, microwave 2 oz chocolate and the oil uncovered on High about 1 minute 30 seconds or until chocolate can be stirred completely melted; drizzle over cookies.
Store in single layer in covered container.
Hazelnut spread with cocoa (from 13-ounce jar) can be substituted for the frosting.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Three Cheese Ziti 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Swiss Pork and Mushrooms 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Artichoke Lemon Pesto Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- 7 Up Pound Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Feta Stuffed Fig Glazed Lamb... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Banana Pudding... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Ancho Chile-Mexican Chocolate... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)