APRICOT FIG AND GOJI BERRY POWERBALLS
Desiccated coconut is coconut meat which has been shredded or flaked and then dried to remove as much moisture as possible. It looks finely ground.
- 1/2 cup semi-dried apricots
- 1/2 cup semi-dried figs
- 1/2 cup skim milk powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons flaxmeal
- 1 tablespoon dried goji berries
- extra desiccated coconut to roll the powerballs in
Adapted from cookrepublic.com
Combine apricots, figs, goji berries, wheatgerm, milk powder and coconut in a food processor. Process on high for 2 minutes until the dried fruit is finely crushed.
Add orange juice and process on low for 3 to 5 minutes until mixture is well combined and looks like a stiff dough ball.
Roll mixture into little balls the size of large grapes in the palm of your hands. Scatter extra desiccated coconut in a shallow plate and roll the balls in it to coat evenly with the coconut.
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for a healthy snack.
You'll also love
- Chicken, Green Beans, Potatoes 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Sauced Sweet... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Quinoa and Avocado Salad with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Cranberry Salad 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Smoothie -Wrinkle-Fighting Smoothie 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken with Apricots... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Fig Almond Tart 4.2/5 (5 Votes)