Mini Pumpkin and Date-Nut Cakes with Maple Glaze
- Mini Cakes:
- canola oil spray
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. pumpkin
- 1-1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 c. chopped dates
- 1/2 c. chopped toasted pecans
- Maple Glaze:
- 1 c. confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 c. maple syrup
Adapted from foodpyramidonline.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Spray 9x13 in. cake pan with canola oil.
3. In large bowl, beat together granulated sugar and canola oil until fluffy. Mix in eggs and pumpkin until well combined. Mix in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cloves. When fully combined, stir in dates and pecans.
4. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake cakes for 30-35 min. or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Let cake cool completely in pan. While cake is cooling, make maple glaze.
5. To make maple glaze: sift confectioner's sugar into small bowl, pour in maple syrup and whisk vigorously with fork until smooth. Add additional maple syrup if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
6. Cut cooled cake into 36 small squares. Remove cake squares from pan and dip top of cakes into maple glaze. Place on rack and let glaze harden.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Tuscan Kale & Cannellini Bean Salad 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Black Forest Cherry Bars 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Ragu on Spaghetti Squash 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Red Pumpkin Soup 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Date-Nut Pop-ems 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Whole Wheat Date Nut Bread 4.5/5 (16 Votes)