Barilla Cellentani with Italian Sausage Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 box Barilla® Cellentani
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- to taste red pepper flakes
- 2/3 pound Italian sausage casings removed
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 jar BARILLA Tomato & Basil Sauce
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese grated
- 4 leaves basil julienned
Adapted from barilla.com
1. Gently HEAT 2 tablespoons olive oil and red pepper flakes.
2. ADD crumbled Italian sausage and brown well.
3. DEGLAZE with white wine and reduce well.
4. ADD sauce and 1 cup of water, adjust with salt and pepper and simmer for five minutes.
5. Meanwhile, COOK pasta according to directions, drain and toss with the sauce.
6. FINISH with cheese, julienned basil and remaining olive oil.
You'll also love
- Macaroni and Cheese w/ Jalapenos &... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Hickory Smoked Beef Jerky Marinade 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Blueberry Monkey Bread 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Blackberry Muffins 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Cream cheese mashed potatoes 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Homemade Beef Jerky (AKA Bulgogi... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Tomato-Basil Bisque-Southern... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)