Barilla Cellentani with Italian Sausage Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 box Barilla® Cellentani
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- to taste red pepper flakes
- 2/3 pound Italian sausage casings removed
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 jar BARILLA Tomato & Basil Sauce
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese grated
- 4 leaves basil julienned
Adapted from barilla.com
1. Gently HEAT 2 tablespoons olive oil and red pepper flakes.
2. ADD crumbled Italian sausage and brown well.
3. DEGLAZE with white wine and reduce well.
4. ADD sauce and 1 cup of water, adjust with salt and pepper and simmer for five minutes.
5. Meanwhile, COOK pasta according to directions, drain and toss with the sauce.
6. FINISH with cheese, julienned basil and remaining olive oil.
You'll also love
- Applesauce Spice Cupcakes 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Blueberry-Sour Cream Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Pumpkin Strudel 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Coconut Pecan Pumpkin Cake 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon-Ranch Chicken... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Molasses Pork Tenderloin with Red... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken in Cream Tomato Curry 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken-Garlic Sausage, Kale, and... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)