Crawfish Spinach Madeleine
- 2 packages frozen, chopped spinach
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup reserved spinach liquor
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, sliced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapenos
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
Cook spincah according to directions on package. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of liguid. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add onions and saute 3 to 5 minutes or until wilted. Whisk in flour, stirring until blended and smooth, but not brown. Slowly stir in evaporated milk, spinach liquor and Worcestershire sauce. Stirring constantly, cook mixture until smooth and thick. Add pepper, celery salt, garlic salt, cheese, crawfish and jalapenos. Stir until cheese is melted then combine with cooked spinach. Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
Serve with tortilla chips.