- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- Butter or non cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold puff pastry on a large cutting board and let warm up to room temperature for about 5 minutes. Line large baking sheet with foil; lightly butter foil or coat with non sticking cooking spray and set aside.
2. In small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon. Brush top of pastry liberally with half of melted butter. Immediately spoon half of sugar mixture on top of pastry, spreading out evenly. Turn pastry over; butter and sugar second side.
3. Cut dough in half, then cut each half crosswise into 3/4" wide strips. Twist each strip 3 times and place 1/2" apart on prepared baking sheet, flattening to keep from untwisting while baking.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until deeply golden. With spatula, transfer twists to wire rack to cool.