Southwestern Cauliflower and Ham Soup
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 2 (14.5 ounce) Cans Chicken Broth
- 3 1/2 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 1 cup Chopped Cooked Ham
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/4 cup Potato Flakes
- 5 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1. In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion in oil until just beginning to brown. Pour in broth and bring to a boil. Stir in cauliflower, bring to a boil again and cook until cauliflower is tender, 2 to 5 minutes.
2. Remove half of cauliflower mixture and puree in a blender or food processor until smooth. I used an immersion blender. Return to pot with ham and cheese and cook until cheese is melted. Stir in potato flakes and heat through. Serve topped with cilantro.
Notes: Very tasty. I used white American cheese and no cilantro. I guess I didn't add the "southwestern" ingredients but it was a very good soup. Next time I will use the pepper jack and cilantro just to see the difference.