Ricotta Pineapple Pie
Try this delicious Ricotta Pineapple Pie recipe.
- For the topping:
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 container ricotta, 15 ounces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspooon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can crushed pineapple in syrup, 20 ounces
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350. Spread the butter over the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Add the crumbs, turning the plate to coat the bottom and sides.
In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Add the ricotta, eggs, cream, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
Bake for 50 minutes, or untilt he pie is set around the edges but the center is still slightly soft. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
To make the topping: drain the pineapple well, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid. In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the 1/2 cup pineapple syrup and the lemon juice. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. Add the pineapple. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
Spread the pineapple mixture over the pie. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
You'll also love
- Famous Dave's Cornbread Muffins -... 3.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Rigatoni "d" (Maggiano's) 3.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Duncan Hines Orange Streusel Loaves 3.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Garlic Lemon Pickerel 3.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Anna Maude's Apple Pie 3/5 (3 Votes)
- Pineapple/Granadilla Fridgetart 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE-ORANGE POUND CAKE 3.5/5 (18 Votes)