Marshall Fields' Salad
Dressing can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Makes extra dressing (about 2 C total), use to taste.
- 1/2 C white balsamic vinegar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbl minced shallots
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 C olive oil
- 1 1/2 heads romaine lettuce, julienned (3 C)
- 6 ounces hard salami, julienned (1 C)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded into bite sized pieces (3 C)
- 1 C julienned provolone cheese
- 1 pt grape tomatoes, halved
- 15 ounces can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2 + C shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Combine vinegar, egg, shallots, mustard, salt & pepper in blender and process.
2. With motor running, add the oil in a slow, steady stream to make an emulsion. Adjust salt & pepper and needed.
1. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, salami, chicken, provolone, tomatoes, chick peas, basil and parmesan and toss lightly.
2. Pour 1/2 C of the dressing over salad.
3. Toss well to coat.
4. Garnish with parmesan and serve immediately.