Momma OB'S Chicken Chili
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast meat-cubed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 (28) ounce cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 18mins
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, and add the chicken and half of the Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is cooked through and evenly browned.
2. Place the remaining Italian seasoning, tomatoes, chili beans,kidney beans,chili seasoning, chili peppers,onion, garlic,and water in a slow cooker. Stir in chicken and juices. Add salt to taste.
3. Cover, and cook on high for 3 hours.