- 1 lb. butter
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup very cold water
- 1 lb. almond paste
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 3 eggs (reserve 1 egg white to brush on top)
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 90mins
1. Mix ingredients for dough and let stand overnight in refrigerator.
2. Roll dough in long, narrow strips.
3. Mix filling ingredients and place down middle of dough.
4. Roll up from long side and seal edges with water.
5. Slit top with knife.
6. Brush with beaten egg white.
7. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce temp to 350 and bake 15 minutes longer or until browned.